Boyfriend rapes minor in Jalandhar village
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
A 17-year-old girl was raped by her boyfriend over a week ago and then dumped outside her home in semi-conscious condition. While the incident took place on January 20, a case was registered on Sunday night. Following this, the accused was arrested by the police.
The girl reportedly told her parents on Sunday that she had been raped by a resident of MalkoTarar village near Lambra. The victim and the accused used to study in same school a few years ago, said police.
The victim, a resident of Jalandhar city, told police that on January 20, around 9.15 pm, her friend came to her place and asked her to come and watch a film with him and the girl's boyfriend. They left on a scooter.
After covering some distance, they climbed into a Scorpio car where the accused was waiting for them. After some time, the friend left the car but the accused picked up another youth and a girl.
The accused took the vehicle towards Jalandhar Cant. After reaching a village, he took the victim to a room and started misbehaving with her. He even poured liquor in her mouth forcibly, the girl has told to the police.
Following this, she was raped for the whole night. In the morning, he left her near her place in semi-conscious condition.
Police sources said the next day, the girl had called the accused, who threatened to kill her. A case of kidnapping and rape has been registered against the accused.
"The roles of other persons involved in the incident are being investigated. They may be booked under conspiracy charges," said a police officer.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past