BPL houses: Draw of lots from March 8
- Uttarakhand floor test: Clouds of uncertainty will soon vanish, says Harish Rawat
- PM Modi cannot be gagged against speaking on corruption: Arun Jaitley
- Gaya road rage: Police arrest JD(U) leader's son Rocky Yadav accused of killing teen
- Covering water train, Express photographer dies in Jhansi accident
- Panama Papers list: Names behind offshore accounts released
After The Indian Express reported anomalies and a gaffe in the draw of lots for the allotment of flats to below poverty line (BPL) families, the Haryana Housing Board issued a statement on Wednesday, saying the exercise scheduled to be held at Gurgaon, Dharuhera, Faridabad, Fatehabad, Ratia, Sirsa, Karnal, Sonepat, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar, Narwana and Rewari from February 14 to 17, "has been postponed due to technical reasons". A spokesman of the board said now the draw would be held from March 8 to 14.
The draw at Faridabad and Fatehabad will be held on March 8, at Dharuhera and Yamunanagar on March 9, at Panipat and Karnal on March 10, at Kurukshetra, Rewari and Narwana on March 11, and at Gurgaon, Sonepat, Sirsa and Ratia on March 14. The statement said it had also been decided to reduce the interest rates and administrative charges for the flats.
- Education qualifications for contesting elections are undemocratic and incoherent
- The discharge of Malegaon accused is a reminder of a recurring injustice
- Supreme Court directive on making NEET compulsory is move in the right direction
- Ujjain Maha Kumbh event: Modi govt’s religious diplomacy is here to stay
- Refugee and migrant crisis cannot be addressed by states acting alone
- The odd-even programme is no long-term solution to pollution