BPL houses: Draw of lots from March 8
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
After The Indian Express reported anomalies and a gaffe in the draw of lots for the allotment of flats to below poverty line (BPL) families, the Haryana Housing Board issued a statement on Wednesday, saying the exercise scheduled to be held at Gurgaon, Dharuhera, Faridabad, Fatehabad, Ratia, Sirsa, Karnal, Sonepat, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar, Narwana and Rewari from February 14 to 17, "has been postponed due to technical reasons". A spokesman of the board said now the draw would be held from March 8 to 14.
The draw at Faridabad and Fatehabad will be held on March 8, at Dharuhera and Yamunanagar on March 9, at Panipat and Karnal on March 10, at Kurukshetra, Rewari and Narwana on March 11, and at Gurgaon, Sonepat, Sirsa and Ratia on March 14. The statement said it had also been decided to reduce the interest rates and administrative charges for the flats.