BPL houses: Draw of lots from March 8
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
After The Indian Express reported anomalies and a gaffe in the draw of lots for the allotment of flats to below poverty line (BPL) families, the Haryana Housing Board issued a statement on Wednesday, saying the exercise scheduled to be held at Gurgaon, Dharuhera, Faridabad, Fatehabad, Ratia, Sirsa, Karnal, Sonepat, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar, Narwana and Rewari from February 14 to 17, "has been postponed due to technical reasons". A spokesman of the board said now the draw would be held from March 8 to 14.
The draw at Faridabad and Fatehabad will be held on March 8, at Dharuhera and Yamunanagar on March 9, at Panipat and Karnal on March 10, at Kurukshetra, Rewari and Narwana on March 11, and at Gurgaon, Sonepat, Sirsa and Ratia on March 14. The statement said it had also been decided to reduce the interest rates and administrative charges for the flats.