BPL houses: Draw of lots from March 8
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
After The Indian Express reported anomalies and a gaffe in the draw of lots for the allotment of flats to below poverty line (BPL) families, the Haryana Housing Board issued a statement on Wednesday, saying the exercise scheduled to be held at Gurgaon, Dharuhera, Faridabad, Fatehabad, Ratia, Sirsa, Karnal, Sonepat, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Yamunanagar, Narwana and Rewari from February 14 to 17, "has been postponed due to technical reasons". A spokesman of the board said now the draw would be held from March 8 to 14.
The draw at Faridabad and Fatehabad will be held on March 8, at Dharuhera and Yamunanagar on March 9, at Panipat and Karnal on March 10, at Kurukshetra, Rewari and Narwana on March 11, and at Gurgaon, Sonepat, Sirsa and Ratia on March 14. The statement said it had also been decided to reduce the interest rates and administrative charges for the flats.