BrahMos chief A Sivathanu Pillai to be conferred Padma Bhushan tomorrow
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
BrahMos Aerospace chief A Sivathanu Pillai will be conferred the Padma Bhushan award by President Pranab Mukherjee here tomorrow for his contribution to the country's cruise missile programme.
The announcement of the third highest civilian honour was made on the eve of the 64th Republic day celebrations in January this year.
Pillai has been associated with the Indo-Russian joint venture for the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles ever since it was set up and has worked towards its induction into all the three defence services.
Prior to taking over the BrahMos JV, the distinguished scientist was associated with the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP). He was the Programme Director of the ballistic missiles - Agni, Prithvi, Nag and Akash.
He has also worked under eminent scientists such as Vikram Sarabhai and Satish Dhawan in ISRO and was associated with the evolution of the PSLV programme.
Pillai is a recipient of various awards including the Padma Shri in 2002 for his contribution to aerospace and missile technologies.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express