'Breaking Dawn Part 2' makes only $30.4 mn on opening night
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: If Congress comes to power again, 40, 000 farmers will benefit, says Sonia
The latest and the final movie in the Twilight franchise, 'Breaking Dawn Part 2', was a mild success at the box office on its opening night as it raked in $30.4 million.
The movie opened in the theatres on Thursday night and though the midnight grosses for the vampire series were low domestically it is over performing overseas, where it has already earned $38.8 million from 37 territories it opened.
The box office observers have predicted that 'Breaking Dawn 2' could open between $145 million and $150 million, a franchise best, over the weekend, a media report said.
'Breaking Dawn Part 1' debuted to $138.1 million on the same weekend a year ago and in November 2009, 'New Moon' opened to $142.8 million.
Directed by Bill Condon, 'Breaking Dawn 2' returns Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner in the lead roles.
At No 2 on the list is Daniel Craig starrer 'Skyfall' which is expected to gross in the $40 million range in its second weekend.