Bridge collapse: One more body found under debris, toll 4
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Four days after an under-construction bridge collapsed in which three people were killed, one more body was found under the debris while it was being removed by fire brigade officials, police said today.
The body, identified as of Arunkumar Singh (32), a labourer working for the engineering and construction giant Larsen & Toubro, was discovered under the debris last night, police said.
With this, the number of persons killed in the incident has now gone up to four.
A portion of an under-construction bridge collapsed near the Mumbai international airport here on February 6, wherefrom three bodies were recovered.
The next day, three employees of the construction company-- Pechi Muttu Subramaniam (27), Subbaya Velu Shravanal (34) and Lakhbir Nirmal Singh (27) -- were arrested in connection with to collapse.
The trio was booked under Indian Penal Code sections 304 part II (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others), they added.