Brief split from John Mayer was like a splash of cold water: Katy Perry
- Aam Aadmi Party battles Modi in Delhi, Congress missing
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Narendra Modi mentioned wife in poll affidavit after SC order on full disclosure
Singer Katy Perry admits that the brief split from boyfriend John Mayer "was like a splash of cold water."
The 'Roar' singer briefly split from Mayer earlier this year but they reunited during summer, reported Aceshowbiz.
"I took a break from my boyfriend, not one that I wanted. It was like a splash of cold water to search inward on what was going on with me. That is what let me to this new awakening, this realising, 'If I don't do some self-love, I'm not going to be able to keep the love that I want'.
"I still needed to deal with all of my ex-husband stuff. I hadn't. It's almost like if I kept talking about it, it would seem like I actually cared about it. I don't," she said.
Perry cannot help gushing over her boyfriend Mayer.
"He's just a fantastic partner. I've been a fan of his for such a long time. He's got a brilliant, brilliant mind. It's a mature relationship," she says.