Briefly Business: CoalMin to form panel to identify mines for auction
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
CoalMin to form panel to identify mines for auction
New Delhi: The Coal Ministry is planning to form a panel which will identify coal blocks from the list of existing mines for allocation through auction and government dispensation route.
Forex reserves slip by $1.6 billion
Mumbai: Foreign exchange reserves slipped by $1.59 billion to $294.99 billion on the back of heavy decline in gold reserves and the core currency assets, the Reserve Bank said on Friday.
Telcos lost over 13 mn users in Nov: Trai
NEW DELHI: The country's telecom subscriber base fell by over 13 million to 921.47 million in November 2012 due to "large-scale disconnections", telecom regulator Trai said.
Obama picks Jack Lew for Treasury
WASHINGTON: US President Barack Obama has nominated Jack Lew as Treasury secretary. Lew has 30-years' experience in fiscal policy encompassing Social Security and budgets.
Amex to cut 5,400 jobs, take $287mn hit
HOUSTON: American Express Co said it is cutting 5,400 jobs, and take a $287 million restructuring charge.