Briefly Business: DK Mittal gets additional charge of disinvestment
- Global stock markets lose $2 trillion as Britain votes to leave EU
- IB gave Narasimha Rao list of Congmen, ministers against 1991 reforms
- No entry in NSG: India blames one country (China), others said no too
- Subramanian Swamy takes another swipe at Jaitley, BJP headache gets worse
- Female Infosys employee hacked to death in Chennai
DK Mittal gets additional charge of disinvestment
new delhi: Financial services secretary DK Mittal was on Monday given additional charge of the department of disinvestment in the finance ministry for a period of two months. Mittal, a 1977 batch IAS officer of the UP cadre, succeeds Mohammad Haleem Khan who held full time charge of the DoD and retired on November 30.
'Fiscal deficit may touch 5.5% this year'
Mumbai: Reserve Bank Deputy Governor Subir Gokarn Monday said the fiscal deficit is likely to be around 5.5 per cent of the GDP this financial year, which is creating stress on the inflation front.
Golden Card facility for industrialists in UP
Lucknow: To ease access and reach of industrialists and industrial associations to government offices, the Uttar Pradesh government has issued an order to provide them with a facility of a 'Golden Card'. This facility will be available to state presidents and general secretaries of national level industrial associations. Investors, who propose to invest more Rs 200 crore in UP, will also be issued the cards.
Network18 to exit NewsWire18
new delhi: Network18 has said it will sell its entire stake in financial data and news terminal business NewsWire18 to private equity firm Samara Capital for Rs 90 crore.
REC launches R4,500 cr public issue of bonds
new delhi: Rural Electrification Corporation has launched the public issue of tax free bonds to raise Rs 4,500 crore.
FDI inflows jump to $4.67 bn in September
- The tyranny of popular will: Why Brexit is a cautionary tale for us all
- Brexit is a revolt of a significant section of England against itself
- Pakistan can ignore questions the world is asking, but not those of its own people
- Old arithmetic is insufficient to explain UP caste politics
- Dominant castes resent reservations, backward groups haven’t fully benefited
- Gajendra Chauhan and Pahlaj Nihalani seem to be acting out a common script