Briefly Business: FinMin officials, FIIs discuss ways to improve inflows
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal holds roadshow in Varanasi before filing nomination
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- Bhavnagar model: Muslim buys house, canât move in
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
FinMin officials, FIIs discuss ways to improve inflows
New Delhi: The finance ministry on Monday held discussions with foreign institutional investors on ways to improve inflows into the capital market. "FIIs made a number of suggestions to enhance flows into both the debt and equity markets," a senior official said after the meeting, which was chaired by DEA secretary Arvind Mayaram.
Final India-Asean FTA talks likely by Dec 20
NEW Delhi: India on Monday said it is hopeful of concluding discussions for a FTA on services and investments with Asean in time for next week's summit scheduled for December 20-21.
More states will allow FDI in retail: Godrej
NEW Delhi: More states will realise the benefits of allowing FDI in retail and accordingly "fall in line" to allow multinationals to open stores, Godrej Group chairman Adi Godrej said.
Alcatel-Lucent to provide gear to Airtel
New Delhi: Alcatel-Lucent will supply equipment to Bharti Airtel for its services in Africa.
Bloomberg weighs making bid for FT
New York: Michael Bloomberg is weighing the wisdom of buying The Financial Times Group, which includes the paper and a half interest in The Economist.
StanChart to pay $327 mn to settle US case
New York: Standard Chartered will pay $327 million to the US to settle allegations that it illegally moved funds through the system on behalf of sanctioned Iranian, Sudanese, Libyan and Burmese entities.
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized