Briefly Business: Forex reserves jump by $1.64 bn to $296.63 bn
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
Forex reserves jump by $1.64 bn to $296.63 bn
mumbai: Foreign exchange reserves rose by a robust $1.637 billion to touch $296.63 billion during the week ended December 14, the RBI has said. The total reserves stood at $294.99 billion in the previous reporting week.
PFC bonds: Subscription period extended
mumbai: Facing weak response for its tax-free bond, scheduled to close on Friday, Power Finance Corporation has extended the subscription period till December 27, 2012.
Sebi imposes 5-yr ban on Indiabulls official
mumbai: Sebi has barred Indiabulls Securities vice-president (Eastern Region) Sidharth Dagaan from trading in stocks for five years over fraudulent dealings in Aurobindo Pharma shares.
Irda for 25% of new offices in small areas
new delhi: Insurance regulator Irda has proposed to make it mandatory for insurers, who have been in business for 10 years, to open at least 25 per cent of new offices in areas that have a population less than 1 lakh.
Nokia enters into licence pact with RIM
Helsinki/New Delhi: Nokia has entered into a new patent
licence agreement with RIM which will result in settlement
of all existing patent litigation between the firms.
- As RSP gets cosy with Cong, CPI asks CPM to keep allies together
- ‘No. of strays in western suburbs 8 times more than in south Mumbai’
- We had three deficits. But credibility deficit was the most difficult to bridge
- Kejriwal in UP: Don’t make the mistake of electing Modi
- Congress first list hits and misses
- BJP’s Haryana dilemma: Rope in Chautala or stick to Bishnoi