Briefly Business: Govt announces increase in duty drawback rates
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- On Ambedkar Day, BJP says UPA favoured Muslims over Dalits
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi becoming PM is a fantasy, says Mamata; Varun files nomination
Govt announces increase in duty drawback rates
New delhi: The government on Friday announced increase in duty drawback rates — refund of duties on imported inputs for export items — on most of the products eligible for the incentive scheme for 2012-13.
PMO calls meeting of coal, power mins
new delhi: The Prime Minister's Office has called a meeting of officials of coal and power ministries on October 10.
General Motors to hike prices by up to R20K
new delhi: General Motors India has said it will hike the prices of all models by up to Rs 20,000 with effect from October 8.
Essel group sells
more shares in IVRCL
Mumbai: Essel Group has sold 1.5 per cent stake in IVRCL Ltd for about Rs 20 crore, lowering its stake in the firm to about 3%.
Merc India head to move to headquarters
Mumbai: Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO Peter Honegg will move to company headquarters in Germany due to personal and family reasons, the firm said.
'No negotiation on price for 15% imported coal'
New Delhi: Coal India has said there would be no negotiations with regard to supply of 15 per cent of imported coal on cost-plus basis as part of FSA.
MCX-SX plans to launch SME platform
Mumbai: Announcing MCX Stock Exchange's intent to have a platform for small businesses, the MCX-SX promoter and V-C Jignesh Shah said SMEs should aspire to raise up to $20 million annually via such platforms.
Pfizer to challenge patent revocation
New Delhi: Pfizer India will appeal against a ruling by Indian Patents Office, which has revoked patent for its cancer drug Sutent.
OBC lowers rates for term deposits
New Delhi: Oriental Bank of Commerce on Friday lowered interest rates by 0.10 per cent for term deposits between Rs 15 lakh & Rs 1 crore of various maturities.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi