Briefly Business: Govt to auction spectrum for 4G services next year
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Govt to auction spectrum for 4G services next year
New Delhi: The government has said it will auction spectrum in 700 Mhz band, which is used for offering high-speed Internet services through fourth generation technologies, in 2014. "We are going to auction the 700 band in any case by 2014," telecom minister Kapil Sibal said.
Coal regulator to be set up soon
New Delhi: The government has said it will soon appoint a coal regulator to monitor fuel pricing, sampling and other practices in the sector. An inter-ministerial panel headed by finance minister P Chidambaram today deliberated on the matter.
Audi drives in new R8 at R1.35 cr in India
New Delhi: Audi on Monday launched a new version of super sports car R8 in India, priced between Rs 1.35 crore and Rs 1.74 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi). The company has already launched the new Q5, for which it has received 250 bookings.
Government gets first application for M-SIPS
Mumbai: The government on Monday said it has received the first application under the Modified Special Incentive Package Scheme (M-SIPS) entailing an investment of about Rs 550 crore from Bosch Electronics.
KFA pilots threaten winding-up petition
Mumbai: Mumbai-based pilots of grounded Kingfisher Airlines on Monday served it an ultimatum to clear their dues by January 31 or face another winding-up petition even as the beleaguered management appealed to its Delhi-based engineers not to resort to any legal action.
RBI allows hotels to prepay loans via ECBs
New Delhi: The RBI has allowed companies owning hotels to prepay loans out of external commercial borrowing proceeds. All other aspects of the scheme shall remain unchanged and the amended ECB policy will come into force with immediate effect.
Ananthasubramanian new ICSI president
New Delhi: SN Ananthasubramanian has been elected as the president of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) while Harish K Vaid has become its new vice president.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today