Briefly Business: JICA loans Rs 1,350 cr for Bihar NH 83
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
JICA loans Rs 1,350 cr for Bihar NH 83
new delhi: The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has signed a loan agreement of Rs 1,350 crore for the development of Bihar's National Highway 83 connecting Patna to Gaya.
'Connections with R20 can't be deactivated'
New Delhi: Trai has said inactive pre-paid mobile connections cannot be deactivated if they have a minimum balance of Rs 20 in their account and the time period for considering 'inactive' has been set at 90 days.
Google unveils Chromebook Pixel
SAN FRANCISCO: Google has launched Chromebook Pixel. The laptop has a nearly 13-inch display screen that responds to the touch or swipe of a finger. Pixel's screen displays 239 pixels/inch.
FinMin hopes new licences will be issued by March 2014
New Delhi: The finance ministry is hopeful that licences to applicants for new banks would be issued by the end of 2013-14. "There would be examination of applications by the RBI and a high-powered committee. I think with all going well, with all clearances, by end of the financial year (2013-14), we will see some success," said Rajiv Takru, secretary, department of financial services.
Commenting on the norms that focus on sound credentials and a minimum track record of 10 years, Takru said that it would ensure that only responsible people enter the (banking) space.