Briefly Business: Maken for infra status to affordable housing sector
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Maken for infra status to affordable housing sector
Mumbai: To give boost to affordable housing, the ministry of housing has decided to ask the finance ministry to give infrastructure status to the segment in the upcoming Budget. The status will help developers get access to bank loans easily, Ajay Maken said.
EGoM to decide on NTPC stake sale today
new delhi: Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) chaired by Finance Minister P Chidambaram is expected to meet here on Tuesday to decide on time and price of 9.5 per cent stake sale in power major NTPC which could fetch Rs 12,000 crore to the exchequer.
Pledged shares of SpiceJet released
new delhi: SpiceJet has said more than 97.46 lakh shares pledged by one of its promoter, Kal Airways, have been released. Kal Airways held 15.65 crore or 32.32 per cent stake in SpiceJet as of December quarter.
Vodafone chairman meets FinMin officials
NEW DELHI: Vodafone India non-executive chairman Analjit Singh has met Revenue Secretary Sumit Bose to resolve the tax liability issue related to the firm's acquisition of Indian telecom assets of Hutchison Whampoa.