Briefly Business: Maken for infra status to affordable housing sector
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Maken for infra status to affordable housing sector
Mumbai: To give boost to affordable housing, the ministry of housing has decided to ask the finance ministry to give infrastructure status to the segment in the upcoming Budget. The status will help developers get access to bank loans easily, Ajay Maken said.
EGoM to decide on NTPC stake sale today
new delhi: Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) chaired by Finance Minister P Chidambaram is expected to meet here on Tuesday to decide on time and price of 9.5 per cent stake sale in power major NTPC which could fetch Rs 12,000 crore to the exchequer.
Pledged shares of SpiceJet released
new delhi: SpiceJet has said more than 97.46 lakh shares pledged by one of its promoter, Kal Airways, have been released. Kal Airways held 15.65 crore or 32.32 per cent stake in SpiceJet as of December quarter.
Vodafone chairman meets FinMin officials
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress