Briefly Business: Net direct tax mop up at Rs 2,65,417 cr till November 15
- Congress moves EC as Modi's aide Amit Shah talks of 'badla' in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- VVIP chopper deal: Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP displays 'show of unity' as Advani files nomination
Net direct tax mop up at Rs 2,65,417 cr till November 15
New delhi: The government on Thursday said the net direct tax collections were Rs 2,65,417 crore till November 15, 2012. "It is expected that the total direct tax collection for 2012-13 will exceed the collection of 2011-12," minister of state for finance S S Palanimanickam said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha. During 2011-12, the net direct tax collection was Rs 4,94,799 crore. The government has expressed confidence of meeting direct tax target of Rs 5.70 lakh crore.
Cancel 3 coal mines; impose BG: IMG
new delhi: The Inter-Ministerial Group has recommended deallocation of three coal mines, and deduction and imposition of Bank Guarantee of PSU firms including MMTC and Nalco.
New India net more than doubles
mumbai: Public sector general insurer New India Assurance's net profit more than doubled to Rs 205 crore in the first half of the current fiscal as against Rs 95 crore in the year ago period.
Discom restructuring from Jan: Govt
New Delhi: The power ministry said on Thursday that it will commence restructuring of loans worth Rs 1.9 lakh crore of ailing power distribution companies from January next year.
Credit cycle turning for EM banks: Fitch
NEW YORK: Fitch Ratings said that the credit cycle has started to turn in most large emerging market (EM) banking systems, driven by a less favourable economic backdrop globally and locally.
Focus on data mining, tax analysis: Shome
new delhi: India should strengthen the Large Tax Payers Units and focus on data mining and analysis of tax administration, said tax expert Parthasarathi Shome on Thursday.
SC notice to Karti Chidambaram firms in defamation case
The Supreme Court on Thursday issued notices to Chennai-based Advantage Strategic Consulting Private Ltd and its offshore sister concern in Singapore, allegedly controlled by Karthi Chidambaram.
- Lalu Prasad Yadav welcomes Bukhari's appeal, slams BJP, RSS
- Ajit Singh asks secular forces to come together
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates