Briefly Business: Plan panel expects ‘reasonable’ hike in GBS in 2013-14
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
Plan panel expects 'reasonable' hike in GBS in 2013-14
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Thursday said it is expecting a "reasonable" increase in Plan expenditure in 2013-14, but it should be done without compromising on the need for containing fiscal deficit.
RBI tweaks gold deposit scheme
New Delhi: Seeking to defreeze idle gold, the RBI on Thursday made the Gold Deposit Schemes of banks more attractive by lowering the investment time period and allowing mutual funds to participate in the scheme.
US, Switzerland sign pact on tax evasion
Washington: In a move to combat tax evasion, the US and Switzerland on Thursday signed an agreement under which all Swiss banks will report the holdings of their American clients to US tax authorities.
Mahindra to invest $73 mn in Ssangyong
New Delhi: Mahindra & Mahindra has said it will invest about $73.73 million in its Korean subsidiary Ssangyong Motor, through subscription of a preferential allotment.
E&Y selects 16 biz leaders for EOY award
New Delhi: Ernst & Young has selected 16 business leaders as the finalists for its 14th Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) – India 2012 from several self nominations. All finalists will be felicitated at a celebratory banquet on February 21 in Mumbai.
Euro zone contracts more than expected
New Delhi: Economic output in the euro zone contracted 0.6 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2012, as Germany and France were caught up in a slump that was already underway in countries like Spain and Italy.