Briefly Business: Rupee hits two-month low at 54.75/$
- Espionage racket with ISI links busted in Jammu, Kolkata; BSF jawan among five arrested
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to attend UN climate summit
- Nepal releases 13 SSB personnel after brief detention
- Turkey to hand over body of dead Russian pilot to Moscow: PM
- Bhushan challenges Kejriwal for public debate on Lokpal Bill
Rupee hits two-month low at 54.75/$
New Delhi: Tracking weak stock markets for the second straight day, the rupee on Friday plunged by 39 paise to close at a two-month low of 54.75 to a dollar dragged down by demand from importers.
PFC to set up $1 bn equity fund with Tata
New Delhi: Power Finance Corp along with Tata Capital will set up a $1 billion private equity fund, that would mainly focus on financing for domestic power projects. PFC would have 49 per cent in the fund and the rest would be owned by Tata Capital.
Honda to launch first diesel car next fiscal
New Delhi: Honda on Friday said it will launch its first diesel vehicle, an entry-level sedan 'Amaze'in India next fiscal.
Not ready for Basel III rules: US Treasury
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner
- Detained at IFFI: You can chain our hands, but you can't choke our voices
- How 'secular', 'socialist' came to be part of Constitution, and why they remain
- Next door Nepal: Blaming the neighbour
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past