Briefly Business: Sebi to define ‘front-running’ soon: Sinha
- Raja 'misled' Manmohan Singh on policy matters: CBI to court
- RSS raises Ambedkar vs Mother Teresa row
- From Maldives, road to Islamic State goes via drugs, gangs and jail
- In a first, Indian military contingent to march at Moscow’s Red Square
- Maharashtra by-poll: Shiv Sena set to retain Bandra (E), NCP wins Tasgaon
Sebi to define 'front-running' soon: Sinha
mumbai: Sebi has said it will review the regulations regarding fraudulent and unfair trade practices as the present rules need to clearly define 'front-running'. The comment follows a recent case on the issue where the tribunal, SAT, set aside a Sebi order.
HDFC Bank opens 87 rural branches
NEW DELHi: HDFC Bank has said it has opened as many 87 branches, mostly in rural areas of Punjab and Haryana in one single-day. The bank also launched an exclusive 'Bharat Credit Card' for farmers in both the states.
Sebi starts prosecution against Sahara group
NEW DELHi: Sebi has begun prosecution proceedings against two Sahara firms and their top officials, while accusing them of failing to provide documents related to three crore investors as per a Supreme Court order.