Briefly Business: Sensex falls to over 1-month low on poor GDP numbers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Sensex falls to over 1-month low on poor GDP numbers
MUMBAI: Hit by weak GDP growth estimates, the BSE Sensex on Thursday fell by 59.40 points to close at one-and-a-half
month low of 19,580.32, completing six days of losses — the longest string since November.
Sebi issues timeline for RGESS offering
MUMBAI: Sebi has allowed mutual funds to accept investor funds in new offers under the Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) for 30 days against a 15-day subscription period in other schemes.
Govt clears hike in NABARD capital
NEW DELHI: The Cabinet has approved enhancing the authorised capital of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to Rs 20,000 crore from Rs 5,000 crore.
Cabinet approves SPV for TAPI project
NEW DELHI: The Cabinet has approved the setting up of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to build the $9 bn Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline.
FM to hold budget talks with Congress
NEW DELHI: Finance Minister P Chidambaram will hold Budget consultations with Congress leaders on February 14, party sources said.
'Charge 1% TDS on bullion purchase'
NEW DELHI: Gold imports can be reduced by 150 tonnes this year if the government makes mandatory 1% tax at source and production of PAN for purchase of bullion in cash, jewellers suggested on Thursday.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18