Briefly Business: Sensex falls to over 1-month low on poor GDP numbers
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Sensex falls to over 1-month low on poor GDP numbers
MUMBAI: Hit by weak GDP growth estimates, the BSE Sensex on Thursday fell by 59.40 points to close at one-and-a-half
month low of 19,580.32, completing six days of losses — the longest string since November.
Sebi issues timeline for RGESS offering
MUMBAI: Sebi has allowed mutual funds to accept investor funds in new offers under the Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) for 30 days against a 15-day subscription period in other schemes.
Govt clears hike in NABARD capital
NEW DELHI: The Cabinet has approved enhancing the authorised capital of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to Rs 20,000 crore from Rs 5,000 crore.
Cabinet approves SPV for TAPI project
NEW DELHI: The Cabinet has approved the setting up of a special purpose vehicle (SPV) to build the $9 bn Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline.
FM to hold budget talks with Congress
NEW DELHI: Finance Minister P Chidambaram will hold Budget consultations with Congress leaders on February 14, party sources said.
'Charge 1% TDS on bullion purchase'
NEW DELHI: Gold imports can be reduced by 150 tonnes this year if the government makes mandatory 1% tax at source and production of PAN for purchase of bullion in cash, jewellers suggested on Thursday.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today