Briefly Business: Slim chance for settlement with Perdaman: Lanco
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Slim chance for settlement with Perdaman: Lanco
New Delhi: Lanco Infratech has said there is no "great possibility" of an out-of-court settlement in the AUD 3.5 billion legal battle with Australia's Perdaman Industries. Perdaman last year had filed AUD 3.5 billion lawsuit against Lanco, alleging non-compliance with fuel supply pact by Griffin Coal for its upcoming urea plant in Western Australia.
OVL's Venezuela field begins production
new delhi: ONGC Videsh Ltd's multi-billion dollar Carabobo oilfield in Venezuela has started crude oil production as part of its efforts to address an energy shortage threatening India's economic growth, official sources said.
Telcos asked to pay R8,000 cr fee by Jan 15
new delhi: The government has asked telecom operators to pay the first instalment of Rs 8,115.68 crore of one-time spectrum fee by January 15," a government source said.
TS Vijayan tipped to be next IRDA chief
new delhi: Former LIC chief TS Vijayan is likely to be the next chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA). "Vijayan's name has been referred to CVC for clearance," a senior finance ministry official said.
NRI deposits nearly double in Apr-Nov
mumbai: Continuing rupee fall and higher interest rate have seen NRI deposits nearly doubling in the first eight months of 2012-13 to $11.24 billion from $6.39 billion a year ago, according to the Reserve Bank data.
ICICI Lombard launches mobile app
mumbai: Private sector general insurer ICICI Lombard has launched a mobile application called 'Insure' that will allow customers to intimate a claim through the mobile phone.
JLR to add nearly 800 new jobs at UK plant
london: Just days after the news that Honda was to cut 800 jobs at its Swindon factory, Jaguar Land Rover will announce just as many new jobs atits Solihull plant in the Midlands. According to the Sunday Times, an announcement of the latest recruitment drive is expected in time for the Detroit Motor Show which begins today.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18