Briefly Business: Subbarao aims to demystify RBI in 2013
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Subbarao aims to demystify RBI in 2013
Mumbai: Calling himself a 'green horn' at the time of joining RBI as Governor, Duvvuri Subbarao said, in a new year message to his colleagues, "It is important that we demystify the RBI so that people know enough to demand accountability from us."
Preference in giving bank licences
new Delhi: The RBI should give preference to the non-corporate sector for new bank licences, PMEAC Chairman C Rangarajan has said.
Government invites proposals for PSU ETF
new delhi: Moving ahead with its proposal to set up an exchange traded fund for PSUs, the government has invited proposals from mutual funds having equity assets of over Rs 2,500 crore.
SFIO to get more power: Sachin Pilot
NEW DELHI: The Serious Fraud Investigation Office will get greater powers to act as a strong deterrent for wrongdoings by corporates, Corporate Affairs Minister Sachin Pilot said.
Goldman shortlisted for NTPC share sale
mumbai: The government has shortlisted six banks, including Goldman Sachs for a stake sale of NTPC, Reuters reports.
- A youth leader takes on Congress veteran in the NE primary
- On Women’s Day, ECI holds special campaign to woo women voters
- Disgruntled Aam Aadmi Party worker smears ink on Yogendra Yadav’s face
- Welfare Party of India fields candidates in 18 seats
- Mid-day meal workers clash with police, a few injured
- Indigo plane catches fire on landing, none hurt