Briefly Business: Subbrao to govt: Spend more on productive purposes
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Subbrao to govt: Spend more on productive purposes
Mumbai: Highlighting the need for government spending on productive purposes, Reserve Bank Governor D Subbarao on Tuesday said future generations should not pay the price for the high borrowing of today.
Male airport: GMR gets temporary relief
singapore: The Singapore High Court has dismissed the application filed by Maldives Airports Company seeking vacation of the injunctive order granted in favour of GMR Male International Airport, GMR said.
IMG for deallocation of 3 more coal blocks
new delhi: Winding up the exercise of scrutiny of mines allotted to PSUs which failed to develop coal mines within stipulated timeframe, the inter-ministerial panel on coal blocks has recommended de-allocation of three more blocks.
GoM on drug pricing may meet today
New Delhi: A GoM is scheduled to meet on Wednesday to fine tune the drug pricing policy after the Cabinet deferred a decision on it following objections from the finance ministry.
Mini-derivative contracts banned
mumbai: The Sebi has directed exchanges to discontinue mini-derivative contracts that were essentially launched to attract retail investors to F&O segment.
UBS trader gets 7 yrs jail for $2.3 bn fraud
London: Former UBS trader Kweku Adoboli was convicted and sentenced to seven years in jail on Tuesday for the biggest fraud in British history, which resulted in a loss of $2.3 billion for the Swiss bank.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18