Briefly Business: Taxes will be collected in fair manner: FinMin
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Taxes will be collected in fair manner: FinMin
New Delhi: Assuring taxpayers to end hostile relationships between officials and assessees, finance minister P Chidambaram said, "Once the tax payer is confident that the relationship between a tax payer and officer is not a hostile relationship, you will find that more people have become complaint to tax laws."
US govt sues S&P over pre-crisis ratings
washington: The US government has launched a civil lawsuit against Standard & Poor's and parent The McGraw-Hill Companies over mortgage bond ratings and alleged illegal behaviour tied to the recent financial crisis.
HDFC cuts lending rates by 10 bps
mumbai: HDFC, the country's largest housing finance company, has reduced retail prime lending rate by 0.1 per cent with effect from February 6.
Kingfisher Q3 net loss at Rs 755 crore
MUMBai: Kingfisher Airlines has reported a net loss of Rs 755.17 crore for Q3 ended December 31, 2012. However, the auditors said the loss would have been at Rs 1,090 crore had it followed 'generally accepted accounting standards' in realisation of aircraft-related costs.