- RJD splits as 13 MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six âreturnâ
- No death penalty for Italian marines, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Rahul targets Modi for divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
IIM-A to host meet of 'maverick' alumni
Ahmedabad:The IIM-A will host a "Maverick's meet" of its alumni who have gone on to pursue"supposed non-management fields" like music, writing, film and government service, this weekend. "We believe entrepreneurship is not just about doing business, but about following your passions. Hence the term 'Mavericks'. We wish to celebrate the idea of being different and create a family that can encourage and support each other," said Prof Rakesh Basant of the Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship which is organising the meet.
CID's self-defence programme for girls
Ahmedabad:To mark the National Girl Child Day, the Gujarat CID organised a self-defence training programme for girls in Gandhinagar Thursday. Teachers and students from 1,134 colleges participated in the programme along with officials from the state Education Department.
Fire at Gulabnagar factory
Ahmedabad:A fire broke out in a factory in Narol-Pirana area of the city Thursday morning, causing an estimated loss of Rs 8 lakh as furniture, wooden floor and raw material were gutted in it, said Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Service officials. No injury or casualty was reported.
- IIT prof ‘hyped’ cell radiation, daughter sold protective shields
- Harsh Vardhan missing at lunch hosted by Goel
- 2 asphyxiated in Noida manhole, another rescued
- IM planned to break ISI shackles, ally with al-Qaeda, Pak Taliban: chargesheet
- Engineer assaulted, Bharti joins protesters outside MCD office
- Leopard injures seven, Meerut locks itself in