- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
IIM-A to host meet of 'maverick' alumni
Ahmedabad:The IIM-A will host a "Maverick's meet" of its alumni who have gone on to pursue"supposed non-management fields" like music, writing, film and government service, this weekend. "We believe entrepreneurship is not just about doing business, but about following your passions. Hence the term 'Mavericks'. We wish to celebrate the idea of being different and create a family that can encourage and support each other," said Prof Rakesh Basant of the Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship which is organising the meet.
CID's self-defence programme for girls
Ahmedabad:To mark the National Girl Child Day, the Gujarat CID organised a self-defence training programme for girls in Gandhinagar Thursday. Teachers and students from 1,134 colleges participated in the programme along with officials from the state Education Department.
Fire at Gulabnagar factory
Ahmedabad:A fire broke out in a factory in Narol-Pirana area of the city Thursday morning, causing an estimated loss of Rs 8 lakh as furniture, wooden floor and raw material were gutted in it, said Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Service officials. No injury or casualty was reported.