Briefly Nation: Bihar man gets death in rape-murder case
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
- Khobragadeâs help, husband cite âdifferencesâ, file for divorce
- President not for executing Bhullar, MHA disagrees
Bihar man gets death in rape-murder case
PATNA: A Darbhanga fast track court on Wednesday handed over death sentence to a 30-year-old for raping and murdering a six-year-old three years ago. Public prosecutor Ratna Kumar Jha said the fast track court convicted Manigachhi resident Indal Kumar alias Indra Thakur and sentenced him to death. Thakur had kidnapped a minor from her house, raped and killed her and buried her body in his house. The case was registered at Manigachhi police station on 7 January 2010.
15 killed in bus accident in Bihar
Gaya: At least 15 people were killed and 10 others injured on Wednesday when a speeding bus rammed into thick iron bars at a revenue checkpost amid heavy fog at Dobhi in the district. The accident happened at the Dobhi integrated revenue checkpost under Barachatti police station early morning. The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in Jharkhand's Ramgarh district when the driver lost control over the vehicle due to fog and hit the bars of the checkpost, police said.
Two burnt alive as truck catches fire
Hamirpur: Two persons were burnt alive when the truck, in which they were travelling, met with an accident and caught fire in the district, the police said. Baldev Singh and Dharampal, both residents of UP, were burnt alive as the truck carrying iron rods from Kangra to Sunni-chabba valley caught fire after it skidded off the road and fell in a ditch near Ukhli village.
Farmer attempts self-immolation
Amravati: Upset over the acquisition of his three-acre land by the government for a project, a 40-year-old farmer from Malhar village attempted self-immolation before the Collectorate office here. The incident took place Tuesday evening in Achalpur tehsil when Suresh Panjabrao Borkar poured kerosene and set himself on fire, sustaining 10 percent burn injuries in the immolation bid, they said. He is undergoing treatment at a district hospital.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express