Briefly Nation: Bihar man gets death in rape-murder case
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Bihar man gets death in rape-murder case
PATNA: A Darbhanga fast track court on Wednesday handed over death sentence to a 30-year-old for raping and murdering a six-year-old three years ago. Public prosecutor Ratna Kumar Jha said the fast track court convicted Manigachhi resident Indal Kumar alias Indra Thakur and sentenced him to death. Thakur had kidnapped a minor from her house, raped and killed her and buried her body in his house. The case was registered at Manigachhi police station on 7 January 2010.
15 killed in bus accident in Bihar
Gaya: At least 15 people were killed and 10 others injured on Wednesday when a speeding bus rammed into thick iron bars at a revenue checkpost amid heavy fog at Dobhi in the district. The accident happened at the Dobhi integrated revenue checkpost under Barachatti police station early morning. The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in Jharkhand's Ramgarh district when the driver lost control over the vehicle due to fog and hit the bars of the checkpost, police said.
Two burnt alive as truck catches fire
Hamirpur: Two persons were burnt alive when the truck, in which they were travelling, met with an accident and caught fire in the district, the police said. Baldev Singh and Dharampal, both residents of UP, were burnt alive as the truck carrying iron rods from Kangra to Sunni-chabba valley caught fire after it skidded off the road and fell in a ditch near Ukhli village.
Farmer attempts self-immolation
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words