Briefly Nation: Bihar man gets death in rape-murder case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
Bihar man gets death in rape-murder case
PATNA: A Darbhanga fast track court on Wednesday handed over death sentence to a 30-year-old for raping and murdering a six-year-old three years ago. Public prosecutor Ratna Kumar Jha said the fast track court convicted Manigachhi resident Indal Kumar alias Indra Thakur and sentenced him to death. Thakur had kidnapped a minor from her house, raped and killed her and buried her body in his house. The case was registered at Manigachhi police station on 7 January 2010.
15 killed in bus accident in Bihar
Gaya: At least 15 people were killed and 10 others injured on Wednesday when a speeding bus rammed into thick iron bars at a revenue checkpost amid heavy fog at Dobhi in the district. The accident happened at the Dobhi integrated revenue checkpost under Barachatti police station early morning. The bus was going from Kalipahari to Rajrappa Temple in Jharkhand's Ramgarh district when the driver lost control over the vehicle due to fog and hit the bars of the checkpost, police said.
Two burnt alive as truck catches fire
Hamirpur: Two persons were burnt alive when the truck, in which they were travelling, met with an accident and caught fire in the district, the police said. Baldev Singh and Dharampal, both residents of UP, were burnt alive as the truck carrying iron rods from Kangra to Sunni-chabba valley caught fire after it skidded off the road and fell in a ditch near Ukhli village.
Farmer attempts self-immolation
Amravati: Upset over the acquisition of his three-acre land by the government for a project, a 40-year-old farmer from Malhar village attempted self-immolation before the Collectorate office here. The incident took place Tuesday evening in Achalpur tehsil when Suresh Panjabrao Borkar poured kerosene and set himself on fire, sustaining 10 percent burn injuries in the immolation bid, they said. He is undergoing treatment at a district hospital.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'