Briefly Nation: Candidate caught giving fake notes
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Candidate caught giving fake notes
MORIGAON: An independent candidate for the panchayat polls in Assam was caught distributing fake currency notes among voters in south Dharamtulgaon Sunday. While he was being taken to the police station, his supporters clashed with security forces but were lathicharged away. Five fake notes of Rs 1,000 denomination and 10 fake notes of Rs 500 denomination were seized from him.
Bihar: 12-year-old dies mysteriously in school
MOTIHARI: A student died under mysterious circumstances at a Bihar school Saturday, the police said. Hours after his mother visited him, Shekhar Singh, 12, was found dead at Modern Public School. His family accused the management of negligence. An FIR has been lodged against the school's director Pappu Jaiswal and his father Kashi Jaiswal.
J'khand: 22 financial corporations sealed
PAKUR/DEOGARH: Twenty-two non-banking financial companies were sealed in Deogarh and Pakur in Jharkhand after a chit fund company allegedly disappeared in Pakur, government officials said. Pakur deputy commissioner Sunil Kumar Singh raided the firms after customers complained that a chit fund had disappeared with crores of rupees Friday. "Eighteen chit fund companies were sealed. They were asked to produce relevant documents within three days," SDO Uma Shankar Singh said.
Youth killed as coffee machine explodes
BARABANKI: A youth was killed and four others injured when a defective coffee machine exploded at a marriage function in Akbar Dedua village, the police said on Sunday. While Sudhir was killed, three others- Ashish, Lalit, Amit and Gazi- were injured on Saturday, the police said. Three among the four injured were stated to be in critical condition.
SSB to probe sexual harassment case
NEW DELHI: Sashastra Seema Bal has ordered an inquiry into a case of sexual harassment against its 10 personnel who were arrested for misbehaving with NCC girl cadets from Northeast on a Guwahati-bound train. SSB chief Arun Chowdhary has ordered the probe panel to submit a report within a fortnight. The girls were returning after participating in a Republic Day parade in New Delhi when the SSB personnel allegedly sexually harassed them on Friday.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer