Briefly Nation: Militants get life term for killing BSF inspector
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
Militants get life term for killing BSF inspector
Srinagar: Two Kashmiri militants — Nazir Ahmed Sheikh alias Gul Danter and Showkat Ahmed Khan — were awarded life imprisonment by a TADA court here on Monday for killing a BSF inspector in Nishat area of Srinagar 22 years ago. The court also awarded five years rigorous imprisonment to another militant Farooq Ahmed Chichoo in the case. The accused were charged with gunning down BSF inspector Dharamvir Sharma on October 27, 1990 so as to instill fear among locals.
Jagan's second bail plea rejected
Hyderabad: A special CBI court on Tuesday dismissed the second bail petition of YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the alleged disproportionate assets case. Jagan had moved two petitions in the court seeking bail, one as a statutory right and the other a regular petition.
'Dead' accused held in Rajasthan
JAIPUR: One Subhash Gulia, an accused in the abduction and rape of a minor in Kapashera in 2007, believed to have died in 2010 was nabbed here on Monday. Gulia, who was being tried at a session court in Delhi, stopped appearing before the court after he got bail. His family produced a death certificate in 2010. A probe revealed Gulia had changed his name and sold wallpapers.
HC rejects daily editor's bail plea
NAGPUR: A High Court bench here Tuesday rejected the bail plea of the editor of Marathi daily 'Deshonnati', Prakash Pohre, arrested in connection with the murder of a security guard at his printing unit. After evading arrest for 10 days, Pohre was arrested on October 23. Rajendra Dupare (50), a security supervisor at the printing press, was shot dead on October 13. It is alleged that the security guard accompanying Pohre fired at Dupare following a scuffle.
Bihar gives 6 lakh radios to Mahadalits
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: An important shift in India’s climate diplomacy
- My book tries to chronicle a difficult India-Pak peace process
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner