Briefly Nation: Police slap NSA on 2 for violence in Faizabad
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
Police slap NSA on 2 for violence in Faizabad
LUCKNOW: The Faizabad police has slapped National Security Act on two persons who were involved in the October 24 communal violence, in which one person was killed and several shops and houses gutted. While Shobhit Kapoor was prima facie found involved in the violence in Chowk area of the city, Saddu Qureshi is an accused in the murder of one Durga Prasad. A senior police officer said NSA would be invoked against some others involved in the violence.
AP constable kills wife, daughter
NIZAMABAD: A constable here on Saturday night allegedly killed his wife (28) and daughter (7) with a blunt weapon and fled the spot, the police said. Constable T Venkatesh of Tadwai police station under Kamareddy sub-division allegedly harassed his wife and beat her up regularly over his demand for more dowry. He has been suspended from the police force earlier on three occasions. Efforts are on to nab the absconding accused.
UP: 4 minors die of food poisoning
AZAMGARH: Four sisters died after allegedly eating stale food on Saturday night, the police said. Eleven-year-old twins Rannu and Mannu, and their younger siblings Sunita and Jwala were taken to a private hospital where they died. Their family cremated the bodies without informing the police. Police initiated a probe after being informed by locals.
3 held for dragging youth by car in MP
JABALPUR: Three persons were arrested on Sunday for allegedly dragging a physically challenged person by tying him to a car here, the police said. Weapons which include a pistol, a country-made revolver, cartridges, a crude bomb and a sword were recovered from them. The father of Ajay alias Ajju Thakur (23) said the three accused were earlier his son's friends. Following an altercation on Saturday, Ajju was harassed by the three.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18