Briefly Nation: Rly overbridge subsides in Patna
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Rly overbridge subsides in Patna
PATNA: A railway overbridge here subsided on Friday on the Kankerbagh side, leaving a three-inch gap with the approach road. The bridge links Kankerbagh with central Patna. No casualties were reported. Traffic, which was disrupted for several hours, was restored in the evening after maintenance work by the Railways.
Spurious liquor kills 9 in Patna
PATNA: Nine people died after consuming spurious liquor in Patna City area on Friday. Police said the nine people belonged to Mehandiganj, on outskirts of the state capital. While two died during treatment at Nalanda Medical College and Hospital, others were found dead by their family members Friday morning.
AFT seeks govt reply on Lt Gen petition
NEW DELHI: The government has been asked to file a reply to a petition filed by Lt Gen Ravi Dastane that challenges the promotion of two top officers to the rank of Army Commander and instead seeks his appointment to the post. Even as the Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) asked the government to file its reply, it did not stay the appointment of Lt Gen Ashok Singh as Army Commander — a rank he is expected to pick up next month.
'Hate speech': Police notice to Owaisi
Hyderabad: The Police on Friday issued notices to MIM MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi to appear before it for questioning, a day after registering FIRs against him for allegedly making "hate speech". The notices were pasted outside his residence in Banjara Hills, as he is reportedly in London for treatment.
Centre gets time till Jan 31 to notify Cauvery panel award
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday granted time till January 31 to the Centre for notifying the decision of Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal award, passed in 2007, even as it censured the government for its failure to fulfil its commitment of notifying the decision by December last.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today