Briefly Nation: Two Indians found dead in Oman
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Thousands join Narendra Modi as he begins roadshow ahead of filing nomination from Varanasi
- Modi to Cong: Just 20 days more...Will take revenge
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Donât allow regional parties to contest LS polls: Chavan
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP registers 24 % in first four hours
Two Indians found dead in Oman
DUBAI: Two Indians have been found dead in their room in a building under construction in Yimti area, 125 km from Muscat. Sharon D'Souza and his uncle Lakaylet D'Souza from Karnataka were found dead on Sunday. "They might have died due to asphyxiation after inhaling poisonous gas emitted from objects they burnt to keep their room warm," Times of Oman reported quoting sources. "Sharon's brother Sajith, who stayed with him, is in police custody as part of the probe.
3 killed in elephant attacks in Orissa
ROURKELA: Three persons were killed by elephants in two separate incidents in Sundargarh and Cuttack districts Wednesday, official sources said. Pramila Ekka (35) and her son Rohit (3) were trampled to death when a herd of about 15 elephants turned on their village Bijadihi in Sundargarh district in the wee hours.
In another incident in Cuttack district, a man was attacked and killed by a wild elephant near Kusapangi, the police said.
Woman, baby die in Andhra fire accident
Vijaywada: A woman and her one-and-a-half year old son were charred in a fire at their house in Kakaravada village early Wednesday, the police said. Jayalakshmi (23) suffered burns and died on the spot while trying to rescue her son. The child was taken to Vijayawada Government hospital where he succumbed to his burns, the police said. A short-circuit was suspected to be the cause of the fire, they said.
10 injured in train mishap in Assam
DIBRUGARH: At least 10 persons are reported to have been injured when a local train collided with a railway engine in Dibrugarh district Wednesday, official sources said. The incident took place at MES Tiniali area near Chabua town, they said. The Dibrugarh-Ledo passenger train was coming towards Dibrugarh when it collided head on with a pilot engine going in the opposite direction. The injured have been shifted to local hospitals and rescue operations are on.
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling
- Hyderabad blast 2013: Agencies hunt for Mangalore ‘source’
- Police raids Giriraj Singh's home to arrest him for hate remarks
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police