Briefly Nation: Vishwaroopam hits TN screens
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors slam Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Vishwaroopam hits TN screens
CHENNAI: Kamal Haasan's Tamil movie Vishwaroopam was on Thursday released in theatres across Tamil Nadu. Some theatres opened to crowds as early as 6 am. Thanking his fans for their support, Haasan wished that Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa would break "her vow" not to watch films. "I would very much like her to watch my film and hope she breaks her vow of not watching movies," Haasan said.
Court asks for tape of Irani-Nirupam debate
NEW DELHI: A city court Thursday issued notice to ABP News channel to submit the original video footage of the televised debate between BJP member Smriti Irani and Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam on December 20. Irani had earlier filed a complaint before the court of Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja alleging that the remarks made by Nirupam during the debate had been "demeaning and defamatory" and that the he had made derogatory remarks against her.
CWG case: CBI submits list of eight witnesses
New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday filed a list of eight witnesses, including former CWG Organising Committee additional director-general Neel Chatterjee, to appear before court to testify in the trial against former CWG OC chairman Suresh Kalmadi and nine other accused. The eight witnesses called are former officials of the Commonwealth Games OC, and related agencies. The examination of witnesses would begin on February 20
14 students held for ragging in Andhra
HYDERABAD: Fourteen students at a polytechnic college in Eluru town of West Godavari district were on Thursday arrested for allegedly ragging their juniors, the police said. Three second-year diploma students said that as many as 14 seniors had "ragged" them Wednesday by asking them to remove their shirts before tying their hands and legs.
Tamil actor held for sexual harassment
COIMBATORE: Tamil film actor Ajay Pradeep has been arrested on charges of sexual harassment at a women's college here, the police said. Based on a complaint by a student, the police arrested Pradeep on Wednesday night, sources said. He has been lodged in the Central Jail here, they said.
- Experts to Maruti: De-list or give in to investors’ pressure
- India-born Rajeev Suri may take over as Nokia CEO
- BJP MLA gets EC clearance for movie, asks ‘critics’ to stay away
- Eyes on UP prize, Modi set for Varanasi
- SC rejects Nokia appeal over asset transfer to Microsoft
- Today is last day for enrolling as a voter: UT