- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
Surjit hockey tourney begins from October 11
JALANDHAR:Fifteen teams, including two from Pakistan will participate in the 29th Surjit Hockey Tournament scheduled at Olympian Surjit polytan turf Hockey Stadium, Burlton Park, from October 11 to 19. Jalandhar Deputy Commissioner Priyank Bharti, who is also the president of the Surjit Hockey Society, said the tournament is organized every year in memory of former Olympian Surjit Singh Randhawa. The tournament will be played on knockout-cum-league basis. While nine teams will slug it out in the knock out stage, six, including the two foreign teams, have been seeded directly into the quarter-finals.
Sidhu for uniform policy on drug price
CHANDIGARH:Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Health and Family welfare, Punjab, Navjot Sidhu on Friday called on the Union Heath Minister Gulam Nabi Azad and reiterated that a uniform drug policy on price can help break the the nexus between drug manufacturers, drug inspectors, chemists, medical representatives and doctors. She also stressed on promoting psychiatry as a major subject in MBBS course.
Karnataka ministers in Amritsar
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first