- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Manmohan Singh didnât put wifeâs name in Rajya Sabha affidavit, says BJP
Chandigarh-Ludhiana highway to be 8-laned
Chandigarh:The national highway between Chandigarh and Ludhiana is all set to be 8-laned, with the Union government giving its nod for the execution of the project. This was informed by the representatives of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), who called on Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal to review the progress of the national highways in the state.
Punjab woos China for investment
Chandigarh:Punjab Industry and Commerce Minister Anil Joshi wooed Chinese to invest in the hand tool sector in Punjab, during the 112th edition of Canton Fair in Guangzhou, China, that is one of the largest international fairs of the world. Joshi said the Department of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation of Guandong province had agreed to send a Chinese delegation to Punjab in January 2013 to explore the possibility of investing in Punjab.
Illegal mining: Cop booked
Amritsar:The police on Saturday registered a case under the Mining Act against head constable Surjit Singh, said Amritsar (Rural) SSP Preet Paul Singh. SSP informed that the head constable was found escorting a few trolleys of sand, which were allegedly being taken away after illegal mining.
Sikh affairs: Makkar warns Cong
Amritsar:SGPC chief Avtar Singh Makkar on Sunday, while lashing out at the Delhi government said, "The Delhi government's recommendation to amend the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Act, 1971 was direct interference in the religious affairs of Sikhs." He added that if the Congress tampered with the Act, it would be responsible for the consequences.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit