Briefly Region: DDR against 5 Jalandhar colleges for ‘disrespecting’ I-Day
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
JALANDHAR: The police have registered a Daily Diary Report (DDR) against five Jalandhar colleges for allegedly showing disrespect towards the Independence Day celebrations. DCO Sarabjit Singh said a DDR was registered and a copy of it had been sent to Jalandhar DC Priyank Bharti. After further investigation, action will be taken against DAV, Kanya Mahavidayalaya, B D Arya College for Girls, Khalsa College for Women and Doaba College, Singh added. Bharti, in his letter, had stated that the institutes were requested to attend a meeting pertaining to Independence Day celebrations. However, no one from the institutes turned up.
Dal Khalsa wishes Pak on I-Day
HOSHIARPUR: Dal Khalsa leaders on Tuesday extended their greetings to Pakistan on the occasion of its 65th Independence Day. Party head H S Dhami urged people to acknowledge the right to self-determination of all struggling people in accordance with international treaties, which all democratic nations were expected to adhere to.
Capt condoles Deshmukh's death
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress president Captain Amarinder Singh condoled the demise of Union Minister and former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh who passed away at a Chennai hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Amarinder said, "His death is a colossal loss to the Congress."
Bhatti to return to SAD today
CHANDIGARH: Two days after he was expelled from the People's Party of Punjab (PPP), former MLA Didar Singh Bhatti is set to join his parent party, Shiromani Akali Dal, on August 15. This comes eight months after he quit the SAD following refusal of ticket to contest Assembly elections from Fatehgarh Sahib. He unsuccessfully contested from the seat on a PPP ticket. Bhatti will join the SAD during a rally in Fatehgarh Sahib.
Open Army recruitment rally soon
CHANDIGARH: An Open Army Recruitment Rally will be held by the Army Recruiting Office, Charkhi Dadri, at Rao Tula Ram Stadium in Rewari, from August 19 to 26 for fill posts of soldier general duty, soldier clerks and storekeepers. Applications from candidates hailing from Mahendergarh, Rewari and Bhiwani have been invited. The Common Entrance Examination in physical test, medical test and document check will be conducted for successful candidates on October 28.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express