- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Eight booked for trying to escape from Borstel Jail
Ludhiana:The staff of Borstel Jail, on Sunday, foiled an escape attempt by eight prisoners who tried to snatch the key for the front gates from head warden Balwinder Singh by blowing chilli powder in his eyes. Singh was overpowered but was assisted by other security personnel, who arrested the prisoners. Those caught included convicted Rajesh Kumar and undertrails Shamsher Singh, Sonu, Akhilesh, Jasvir Singh, Baljinder Singh, Ravinder Singh and Umesh.
23 hurt in accident near Harike
Amritsar:As many as 23 people sustained injuries after a bus turned on its side near Harike in Tarn Taran district late Sunday evening. Harike SHO Surinder Singh said the accident occurred when the driver of the bus took a sharp turn to save a motorcylist.
Dal Khalsa memos Canadian PM on Sikhs
Amritsar:Dal Khalsa has sent a memorandum to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who will visit Anandpur Sahib and Chandigarh on November 7, sharing with him its concerns about Sikhs in India and Canada. A press statement released on Sunday said that in a communiqué faxed to the Canadian embassy, party head H S Dhami has said that while Canada has responded to the concerns of Sikh residing there, it has remained oblivious of human rights violations in India..."
Rape accused arrested in Phillaur
Phillaur:The two accused in the rape case of a 17-year-old Dalit, who died in the civil hospital in Phillaur on Saturday evening, were arrested on Sunday. The mother of deceased, who works as a farm labourer and lives in Indira Colony, said: "I had gone to work while my three daughters were at home. When I returned, I found my daughter bleeding. I took her to a private hospital. The doctor told me to take her to the civil hospital, as her condition was critical. She died there."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today