- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
HC seeks Delhi Police' response to Kanda's bail plea
New Delhi:The Delhi High Court on Tuesday asked the city police to file its response to the bail application of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, an accused in the air-hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, on November 19. The hearing on the bail application of Kanda, who is in jail since his arrest on August 18, was deferred twice on Tuesday on the ground that the arguing counsel Ramesh Gupta was on his way to the courtroom. Meanwhile, Kanda's brother Govind Kanda has been granted bail by a Delhi court in a case lodged against him for evading court appearance in a 14-year-old cheque bounce case. Govind, who was earlier granted interim bail by another court till October 31 on a personal bond of Rs 10,000 with a surety of same amount, was given the relief as his brother Gopal has already been granted bail in the same case.
Karnal gangrape: 2 more arrested
Chandigarh:The GRP on Tuesday arrested two accused involved in the rape of a minor at Karnal district. With their arrest, all the 15 accused have been arrested. "The girl was called by a neighbour and raped by two boys. After returning home, she was raped by 11 people and taken to the railway station by an accused. A suspicious assistant station master informed the GRP," a police spokesperson said.