- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
BSP revamps Punjab unit
Chandigarh:National president of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) Mayawati has revamped the Punjab unit of the party and appointed Parkash Singh Jandali as the new state president. Jandali succeeds Rajya Sabha MP Avtar Singh Karimpuri, who in turn has been given the charge of coordinator for Himachal Pradesh relieving Narinder Kashyap. The decision to revamp the party is said to be in keeping with the upcoming Lok Sabha polls in 2014, party sources said. A close aide of Karimpuri, Jandali hails from Jandali village in Ludhiana district.
Woman held with sub-inspector's gun
Hoshiarpur:The recovery of a revolver and seven live cartridges from a woman has raised more questions after it was determined that the gun belonged to a Sub-Inspector of the Jalandhar (rural) police. The woman was arrested from Halluwal village by Chabbewal police in Hoshiarpur on Thursday. Hoshiarpur SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill confirmed the development and revealed that the gun belonged to Sub-Inspector Lakhbir Singh - posted at Lambra police station. The woman, Balbir Kaur, has been sent on one-day police remand.
Dal Khalsa hails Obama re-election
Amritsar:Dal Khalsa secretary for political affairs Kanwar Pal Singh, in a letter addressed to US president and sent through US Ambassador to India Nancy Powell, congratulated Barack Obama on his victory. The letter said that as a political party dedicated to upholding Sikh rights, they were particularly pleased that Sikh-Americans had supported Obama just as they supported Bill Clinton who initiated Sikh-American dialogue years ago.
Reduce milling capacity: dept to mills
Chandigarh:The food and civil supplies department has issued strict orders directing rice mills, storing less paddy than their allotted capacity, to lower milling capacity. Written orders in this regard have been issued to all the district food controllers. Food and Civil Supplies Minister Adesh Pratap Singh Kairon said the government is also envisaging setting up new rice mills on capital subsidy in those areas where there is a scarcity of rice mills.
- Teacher at school in Rohini accused of molesting eight-year-old girl: Police
- In Sushma seat, BJP tweaks Modi slogan
- In Rampur, Azam Khan charm wanes
- In Sambhal, what matters more than Modi is a railway link
- Cong, BJP don’t favour polls, to wait for LS results
- Purandeswari to contest from Rajampet on a BJP ticket