- Congolese youth murder: Sushma steps in, says govt committed to safety of African nationals
- Bihar: Five arrested in murder case of journalist Rajdeo Ranjan
- LIVE: Pinarayi Vijayan all set to be sworn-in as Kerala chief minister
- Govt clearances faster but lack of promoter interest stalls projects
- Demand-driven boost to economy rides on rains, rural income, pay panel award
Haryana achieves 19.5% growth rate in GSDP
Chandigarh:The Haryana government claims to have achieved 19.5% growth rate in Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) to emerge as one of the top two performers among major states in terms of economic growth during the 11th Five Year Plan. According to a recent Planning Commission report on state finances, the GSDP growth rate of Bihar and Haryana was 21.9 per cent and 19.5 per cent, respectively, during the 11th plan that ranged between 2007 and 2012. The GSDP growth rate measures how fast the economy grows. "It is worth mentioning that except Haryana, none of the previous fast growing big states like Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu could find a place in the top five."
Sukhbir to take up mining Act with Centre
Jalandhar:Speaking on a ban on mining in Punjab without mandatory environment clearances certificate, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal on Thursday said he will take up the matter with the Union Ministry of Environment. He wants to institute requisite amendments in the Act to make certain clauses less stringent. Illegal mining was banned in the state following orders of the Punjab and Haryana High Court.
Coop banks to be computerised soon
Chandigarh:Haryana Cooperation Minister Satpal Sangwan on Thursday said the process of computerisation of all cooperative banks in the state had started and soon banks will be connected with the Core Banking Solution (CBS) facility.
Rs 17.1-cr nod for road repairs in Haryana
Chandigarh:Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has approved Rs 17.13 crore for the repair and construction of roads under the Schedule Caste Plan and Schedule Caste Sub Plan of 2011-12. Out of the total amount, Rs 11.43 crore will be spent in Kurukshetra and Rs 5.70 crore at Hansi in Hisar.
Man held for shooting at two in Sonepat
- Increasing attacks on freedoms in between polls must worry us all
- Latest round of assembly polls did not see a BJP wave or a decimation of Congress
- India’s economic growth has been associated with premature industrial suburbanisation
- SC judgment on criminal defamation gives rise to a few obvious free speech concerns
- Supreme Court has rightly upheld criminal defamation law
- India’s democratic success is due to the EC, and the triumph of trust over cynicism