- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
13-year-old 'raped and killed' in Gurdaspur
Gurdaspur:A 13-year-old girl was allegedly murdered after being "raped" on Wednesday evening in Hasanpur village, Gurdaspur. Police have rounded up two migrant labourers, after the girl's family members suspected that they (labourers) had committed the crime. The girl was a Class VIII student of Government School, Gahlari. After she did not return home on Wednesday evening, her family began to search for her and found her "naked and strangulated" in a field, said Dorangla SHO Raj Kumar. He added that the medical examination report of the girl was awaited. Gurdaspur SP Jaspal Singh said arrests were yet to be made in the case.
NHRC nominates Justice Vijender Jain
Chandigarh:The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has nominated Justice (retd) Vijender Jain, Chairperson of the Haryana Human Rights Commission, as a member of the committee constituted to identify specific mandate for the Human Rights Courts in the country. Jain said, "Setting up of Human Rights Courts will prove to be a milestone in the quick dispensation of justice and adherence to the mandate of the United Nations for the implementation of Human Rights Charter".
4 arrested for looting rice-loaded truck
Chandigarh:The Karnal police arrested four people on Thursday for allegedly stealing 300 bags of rice from a truck, at gunpoint. On November 19 night, a truck loaded with bags of rice was parked along the highway in Jai Singhpura village, Karnal. The driver of the truck was sleeping in the driver's cabin, when Jind residents Hariom, Sonu, Jai Bhagwan and Mannu came in a SUV and took him hostage at gunpoint, and stole the bags. Truck owner Nand Lal filed a complaint with the police and the accused were arrested on Thursday.
Haryana to run 15 cold storage houses
Chandigarh:The Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board has decided to run 15 cold storage-cum-pack houses owned and maintained by it at various locations in the state under public-private partnership. A spokesman of the board said, "Each house is equipped with 100 MT pre coolers and 100 MT cold stores with space for installation of grading and packing lines for specific fruits and vegetables.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer