- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Ensure appointment of nodal officers: HC
Chandigarh:The Punjab government on Sunday issued directions to all the departments to ensure appointment of nodal officers in all the departments, statutory bodies, public sector undertakings and local bodies working under the respective departments to receive summons from the Punjab and Haryana High Court through email.
Former Congress member rejoins party
Chandigarh:Sunder Pal, former media adviser to Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who had quit the Congress to join the Trinamool Congress, has rejoined the Congress. He was taken back in the party by state unit chief Phool Chand Mullana at Congress Bhawan on Sunday.
Hooda announces incentives for farmers
Chandigarh:Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda announced several incentives, including increased subsidy on various agricultural implements for the farmers of the state, on the occasion of Kisan Divas on Sunday. Hooda said that funds being spent under the state agriculture modernisation scheme had been increased to Rs 3 crore from Rs 1 crore.
1986-batch IPS officers promoted
Chandigarh:The state government promoted 1986-batch IPS officers of Haryana cadre on Saturday. Inspector Generals of Police were promoted to the ranks of Additional Director Generals of Police. Among those promoted include Dr B K Sinha, K K Sindhu, K K Sharma and P R Deo.