- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Dal Khalsa objects to PTU books
Amritsar:Dal Khalsa, in a letter to Punjab Governor Shivraj Patial, has objected to "selective teaching on human values and professional ethics based on beliefs and philosophy of a particular religion to students by the Punjab Technical University". It sought Governor's intervention to direct PTU vice-chancellor to withdraw the course in its current form and replace it with a "properly designed course acceptable to all religions and faiths".
HC notice on extension to V-C
Chandigarh:The Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued notice to the Punjab government regarding a petition challenging the extension being granted to Dr Rajneesh Arora as the vice-chancellor of Punjab Technical University (PTU) in Jalandhar. Narinder Paul Singh, Dean (Directorate of Distance Education) of PTU, who is under suspension, has sought directions to annul the extension granted to Arora, as it was "in contravention to the scheme laid down under the PTU Act-1996".
De-addiction centre to be upgraded
Chandigarh:To fight the menace of drug addiction, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has given the nod to set up a 150-bed drug de-addiction centre on the pattern of the PGI at Patiala. Badal has sanctioned Rs 60 lakh to upgrade the existing 30-bed drug de-addiction centre in Saket Hospital.
Gurdaspur gangrape: Seventh accused held
Amritsar:The police have arrested the seventh accused in the alleged gangrape of 29-year-old woman in Gurdaspur. Sarabjit Singh, a resident of Chibb village, was arrested on Sunday night, SSP Rajjit Singh said. The victim — mother of two and a resident of Ghukla village — was on her way to her village in a private bus last Friday. Driver Daler Singh and conductor Ravi took her to a house, where they and five of their accomplices allegedly raped her.
HC notice to Punjab, varsity V-C
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express