- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Dal Khalsa objects to PTU books
Amritsar:Dal Khalsa, in a letter to Punjab Governor Shivraj Patial, has objected to "selective teaching on human values and professional ethics based on beliefs and philosophy of a particular religion to students by the Punjab Technical University". It sought Governor's intervention to direct PTU vice-chancellor to withdraw the course in its current form and replace it with a "properly designed course acceptable to all religions and faiths".
HC notice on extension to V-C
Chandigarh:The Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued notice to the Punjab government regarding a petition challenging the extension being granted to Dr Rajneesh Arora as the vice-chancellor of Punjab Technical University (PTU) in Jalandhar. Narinder Paul Singh, Dean (Directorate of Distance Education) of PTU, who is under suspension, has sought directions to annul the extension granted to Arora, as it was "in contravention to the scheme laid down under the PTU Act-1996".
De-addiction centre to be upgraded
Chandigarh:To fight the menace of drug addiction, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has given the nod to set up a 150-bed drug de-addiction centre on the pattern of the PGI at Patiala. Badal has sanctioned Rs 60 lakh to upgrade the existing 30-bed drug de-addiction centre in Saket Hospital.
Gurdaspur gangrape: Seventh accused held
Amritsar:The police have arrested the seventh accused in the alleged gangrape of 29-year-old woman in Gurdaspur. Sarabjit Singh, a resident of Chibb village, was arrested on Sunday night, SSP Rajjit Singh said. The victim — mother of two and a resident of Ghukla village — was on her way to her village in a private bus last Friday. Driver Daler Singh and conductor Ravi took her to a house, where they and five of their accomplices allegedly raped her.
HC notice to Punjab, varsity V-C
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer