- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
Deepender seeks rail coach factory for Haryana
CHANDIGARH:On the eve of Rail Budget, Rohtak MP Deepinder Singh Hooda on Monday demanded setting up of a rail coach factory in Haryana. Speaking about his expectations from the Budget, Hooda said he wants approval to the Agroha-Fatehabad line, Yamuna Nagar-Jagadhari-Chandigarh line, Mewat Rail line, Jind-Sonepat train via Gohana, Hisar-Hansi-Rohtak rail and EMU train between Delhi and Bahadurgarh from Union Minister Pawan Bansal. He was speaking at a function organised on the occasion of birth anniversary of Guru Ravidas at Kalanaur.
Sirmaur yet to get Aadhar cards
NAHAN:With the process has been initiated for preparation of Aadhar cards in the states, the residents of 73 villages in Sirmaur district are still waiting for their cards to be issued. Four villages under Paonta tehsil, 10 villages under Rajgarh tehsil, 12 villages under Pachhad tehsil, 18 villages under Sangrah tehsil and 29 villages under Shillai tehsil of this district are yet to be issued cards.
Dal Khalsa demands PTU V-C's suspension
JALANDHAR:Close on the heels of the Delhi Police registering an FIR against seven Punjab Technical University (PTU) functionaries for allegedly cheating students, the Dal Khalsa on Monday urged the Punjab Governor to suspend the University Vice-Chancellor Dr Rajneesh Arora, who has also been charged in the case. In a statement, party general secretary Dr Manjinder Singh and spokesperson Kanwar Pal Singh said Dr Arora should be placed under suspension till his name is cleared by a court from all accusations. The Delhi Police has booked seven PTU officials for allegedly cheating students by charging fees for distance education courses without obtaining the mandatory approval from the Distance Education Council (DEC).
70-year-old murdered in broad daylight
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment