- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Army Chief to address ex-servicemen rally
JALANDHAR: Army Chief General Bikram Singh is likely to preside over a rally of ex-servicemen scheduled to be held here on April 3. Giving details of the rally, Col Amarbir Singh Chahal (retd) District Sainik Welfare Officer, SBS Nagar said that the problems of ex-servicemen, including those who served during the second World War, will be aired regarding issues like financial benefits, pension and ECSH, among others. Apart from this, medical and dental camps for retired army officers and jawans will be organised.
Cancer drugs: HC notice to Punjab
CHANDIGARH: Taking suo motu notice of a letter written by Bhai Ghanaiya Cancer Roko Seva Society, Faridkot, seeking action against pharmaceutical companies charging exorbitant prices for cancer drugs, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued notice of motion to Punjab for March 21. A division bench comprising Chief Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri and Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain, also appointed lawyer H C Arora as amicus curiae (court's friend) in the case.
CCTV cameras in Punjab prisons
Chandigarh: CCTV cameras and mobile jammers will soon be installed in prisons of Punjab's newly-formed Pathankot and Jalalabad districts with the state government giving its nod to a proposal in this regard. This was informed by Jail Minister Sarwan Singh Phillaur here on Tuesday. Besides CCTV cameras and mobile jammers, the prisons would be equipped with other machines to ensure proper security, he said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18