- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Army Chief to address ex-servicemen rally
JALANDHAR: Army Chief General Bikram Singh is likely to preside over a rally of ex-servicemen scheduled to be held here on April 3. Giving details of the rally, Col Amarbir Singh Chahal (retd) District Sainik Welfare Officer, SBS Nagar said that the problems of ex-servicemen, including those who served during the second World War, will be aired regarding issues like financial benefits, pension and ECSH, among others. Apart from this, medical and dental camps for retired army officers and jawans will be organised.
Cancer drugs: HC notice to Punjab
CHANDIGARH: Taking suo motu notice of a letter written by Bhai Ghanaiya Cancer Roko Seva Society, Faridkot, seeking action against pharmaceutical companies charging exorbitant prices for cancer drugs, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has issued notice of motion to Punjab for March 21. A division bench comprising Chief Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri and Justice Rakesh Kumar Jain, also appointed lawyer H C Arora as amicus curiae (court's friend) in the case.
CCTV cameras in Punjab prisons
Chandigarh: CCTV cameras and mobile jammers will soon be installed in prisons of Punjab's newly-formed Pathankot and Jalalabad districts with the state government giving its nod to a proposal in this regard. This was informed by Jail Minister Sarwan Singh Phillaur here on Tuesday. Besides CCTV cameras and mobile jammers, the prisons would be equipped with other machines to ensure proper security, he said.