- Delhi HC refuses to interfere, odd-even scheme to continue till January 15
- With backing of ISI, JeM rises like a phoenix in Pakistan
- SC suggests harsher punishment for persons convicted of raping children
- Pathankot attack: NSA Ajit Doval denies saying talks with Pakistan cancelled
- Malda violence: BJP MPs stopped from visiting violence-hit Kaliachak
Three held for murder of woman
AMRITSAR: More than a year after the headless body of a woman was recovered in Gurdaspur, the police on Thursday claimed to have identified the body as that of one Darshana and arrested three people — Goldy, Sucha Singh and Vijay — for her murder. On December 12, 2011, a case of murder was registered against one Manoj Kumar after his father-in-law identified the body as that of his daughter Goldy. However, six days later, police found Goldy in Jammu, along with Sucha Singh, with whom she was allegedly having an extra-marital affair. Following this, a special investigation team was formed to identify the body. "The investigations have revealed that the body was of one Darshana, who was in a live-in relationship with Sucha Singh's accomplice Vijay," Gurdaspur SP (Detective) Jagjit Singh Saroya said.
Anil Sharma to take oath on Saturday
SHIMLA: Following the abrupt cancellation of the oath taking ceremony of Anil Sharma last week, Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday set the ball rolling for the induction of the Mandi MLA in the state cabinet. The swearing-in-ceremony has been fixed for Saturday. "It is official now, Anil Sharma is being inducted as 11th cabinet minister," Virbhadra said after he returned from Delhi on Thursday.
Sarpanch, NRI booked for killing sambhar