- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
Three held for murder of woman
AMRITSAR: More than a year after the headless body of a woman was recovered in Gurdaspur, the police on Thursday claimed to have identified the body as that of one Darshana and arrested three people — Goldy, Sucha Singh and Vijay — for her murder. On December 12, 2011, a case of murder was registered against one Manoj Kumar after his father-in-law identified the body as that of his daughter Goldy. However, six days later, police found Goldy in Jammu, along with Sucha Singh, with whom she was allegedly having an extra-marital affair. Following this, a special investigation team was formed to identify the body. "The investigations have revealed that the body was of one Darshana, who was in a live-in relationship with Sucha Singh's accomplice Vijay," Gurdaspur SP (Detective) Jagjit Singh Saroya said.
Anil Sharma to take oath on Saturday
SHIMLA: Following the abrupt cancellation of the oath taking ceremony of Anil Sharma last week, Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday set the ball rolling for the induction of the Mandi MLA in the state cabinet. The swearing-in-ceremony has been fixed for Saturday. "It is official now, Anil Sharma is being inducted as 11th cabinet minister," Virbhadra said after he returned from Delhi on Thursday.
Sarpanch, NRI booked for killing sambhar
HOSHIARPUR: The forest and wildlife department has registered a case under Wildlife Protection Act 1972 against a sarpanch, his NRI brother, a migrant labourer and several others on charges of killing a sambhar and trying to destroy evidence on Tuesday. While the labourer, Vijay Kumar, has been arrested, the other accused including Sarpanch Charat Singh of Tihara Passi Kandi village, are absconding. Officials had recovered the remains of the animal at a mango orchard.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer