Briefly state : New parliamentary secys get portfolios
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Wary of Muslim âdisapprovalâ, Mamata doesnât meet US envoy
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- In city of Taj, American-Indian love story ends in tragedy
Kolkata:The government on Monday allotted departments among the 13 newly appointed parliamentary secretaries. Amal Acharya, Biplab Mitra and Rabindranath Ghosh got Fisheries, Law and PWD departments, respectively, while Arup Khan, Sandhyarani Tudu, Shasi Panja were made secretaries of Agriculture Marketing, Backward Class Development and Women and Child Welfare. Asima Patra, Ashis Banerjee and Radhakanta Maiti are secretaries of Micro and Small Scale Industry, Higher Education and Irrigation departments, while Tapas Roy, Ashoke Deb and Nasiruddin Ahmed got Parliamentary Affairs, Minority Affairs and Transport. ATM Abdulla got Panchayat and Rural Development.
Mitra on '93 firing
Kolkata:Transport Minister Madan Mitra on Monday submitted before the Justice (retired) Sushanto Chattopadhyay-led judicial commission, which is probing the firing on Youth Congress supporters on 21 July 1993, claiming that the order to open fire had come from Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who was then information minister.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly