Briefly state : New parliamentary secys get portfolios
- Aam Aadmi Party expels Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan and 2 others for 'anti-party' activities
- Rahul says Modi ignoring farmers, govt replies you looted them for 10 years
- Govt to give befitting reply to Hafiz Saeed's threat: Rijiju
- Would not be bad if we fulfill 50 percent promises: Arvind Kejriwal
- 'China wants to promote Indo-Pak peace talks amid Xi's visit'
Kolkata:The government on Monday allotted departments among the 13 newly appointed parliamentary secretaries. Amal Acharya, Biplab Mitra and Rabindranath Ghosh got Fisheries, Law and PWD departments, respectively, while Arup Khan, Sandhyarani Tudu, Shasi Panja were made secretaries of Agriculture Marketing, Backward Class Development and Women and Child Welfare. Asima Patra, Ashis Banerjee and Radhakanta Maiti are secretaries of Micro and Small Scale Industry, Higher Education and Irrigation departments, while Tapas Roy, Ashoke Deb and Nasiruddin Ahmed got Parliamentary Affairs, Minority Affairs and Transport. ATM Abdulla got Panchayat and Rural Development.
Mitra on '93 firing
Kolkata:Transport Minister Madan Mitra on Monday submitted before the Justice (retired) Sushanto Chattopadhyay-led judicial commission, which is probing the firing on Youth Congress supporters on 21 July 1993, claiming that the order to open fire had come from Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who was then information minister.