Briefly state : New parliamentary secys get portfolios
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: Vajpayee weekest PM, tweets Sanjay Jha; Congress insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws, says Modi
Kolkata:The government on Monday allotted departments among the 13 newly appointed parliamentary secretaries. Amal Acharya, Biplab Mitra and Rabindranath Ghosh got Fisheries, Law and PWD departments, respectively, while Arup Khan, Sandhyarani Tudu, Shasi Panja were made secretaries of Agriculture Marketing, Backward Class Development and Women and Child Welfare. Asima Patra, Ashis Banerjee and Radhakanta Maiti are secretaries of Micro and Small Scale Industry, Higher Education and Irrigation departments, while Tapas Roy, Ashoke Deb and Nasiruddin Ahmed got Parliamentary Affairs, Minority Affairs and Transport. ATM Abdulla got Panchayat and Rural Development.
Mitra on '93 firing
Kolkata:Transport Minister Madan Mitra on Monday submitted before the Justice (retired) Sushanto Chattopadhyay-led judicial commission, which is probing the firing on Youth Congress supporters on 21 July 1993, claiming that the order to open fire had come from Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who was then information minister.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit