Briefly state: Seven get life for killing 2 brothers
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Nagpur:Additional sessions judge V P Ingle Wednesday sentenced seven men to life imprisonment for killing two brothers almost five years ago.
Six of the convicts — Rakesh Kushwaha, Shanbhu Raikwar, Nandbabu Maurya, Yogendra Yadav and Ankit Shukla — hail from Chitrakoot in UP. The seventh, Sunil Sharma, is a Nagpur resident. In May 2008, the accused, in a robbery bid, shot Suresh (40) and Sushil Lakhotia (37) at their office. Their brother, Shailesh, escaped with minor injury. The gang was planning to loot over Rs 1.5 crore of alleged hawala money but could lay their hands only on Rs 50,000.
Road mishap kills five in Wardha
Nagpur:Five people were killed when their car was hit by a speeding truck near Deoli in Wardha district Thursday early morning, police said. The victims hailing from Ghatanji in Yavatmal district were returning home after some work in the city. The truck driver fled the spot, police said.
Singer Mika Singh gets bail
Mumbai:Singer Mika Singh, who was arrested Wednesday night at the international airport here for allegedly carrying Indian and foreign currency beyond permissible limit, was granted bail for Rs 1 lakh Thursday."The singer claimed he got the money for two stage shows abroad," a Customs official said.
Singh, who arrived here from Bangkok by a private airline at around 7.30 pm Wednesday, was found in possession of $12,000 and Rs 3 lakh.
As per Customs norms, Indian passengers coming from abroad and carrying over Rs 7,500 and $5,000 need to declare the money upon arrival. The 35-year-old singer was unable to give satisfactory answers about the currency, following which he was arrested.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties