- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Cops suspended after undertrial escapes
Lucknow:Two constables were suspended after an undertrial fled from their custody while being taken to a local court in Rampur district, police said on Sunday. Constables Jawar Singh and Rajesh Kumar were accompanying undertrial Gurjit, who fled from their custody while being taken to the court on Saturday. The constables were prima facie found guilty of dereliction of duty and suspended. The police has launched a manhunt to nab the undertrial against whom a case is pending at Bilaspur police station under section 411 IPC (Dishonestly receiving stolen property) besides other cases.
Train rams tempo, two dead
Lucknow:Two persons were killed and one was injured on Sunday in a collision between a tempo and a truck at an unmanned level crossing in Pratapgarh district. The accident happened at Gyaspur in Kunda area killing the two middle-aged men and injuring a person, police said. The injured was admitted to a hospital where he was in a stable condition, they said.
Heroin worth Rs 30 lakh seized, 3 held
Lucknow:Heroin valued at Rs 30 lakh in the international market was seized in Kushinagar district and three persons were arrested in this connection, police said on Sunday. The heroin weighed 300 gm, they said adding the seizure and arrests were made on Saturday in Khadda area in the district.
Two youths killed in road accident
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress