- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
Cong MLA to join TMC next week
Malda:Congress MLA from Malda district, Krishnendu Narayan Choudhury, on Monday said he is joining the ruling Trinamool Congress next week.
"I recently met Chief Minister and Trinamool chairperson Mamata Banerjee after which the decision has been taken to join her party," Choudhury, who was with the Trinamool till 2006, told reporters here. He claimed that he was sidelined in the Congress and the party "did not take care" of him. "So, I will resign from the Congress in the next seven days and join back Trinamool," the MLA said.
Child found dead in Burdwan
Burdwan:The body of a nine-year-old boy who had gone missing was found on Monday inside a bag from a village in Burdwan district, police said. Barun Vaidya, a student of class four, had left home in Purbasthali Sunday morning for playing but went missing since then. Later on his body was found today, police said.
Sectional holiday on Chhath
Kolkata:The state government on Monday declared "sectional" holiday in its offices on "Chhath puja" that falls on November 19. Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra told reporters that the holiday could be availed of by those who would celebrate Chhat puja. He said the state government has also declared similar sectional holiday on the next Buddha Jayanti. Meanwhile, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee greeted people on the eve of Kali Puja and Diwali. "On the auspicious occasions of Kali Puja and Diwali, I extend my heartiest greetings and best wishes to all my brothers and sisters," Banerjee said in a message to the people.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan