- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Cong demands hike in sugar cane MSP
Lucknow:Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee president Nirmal Khatri on Thursday demanded that Rs 325 per quintal be declared as the minimum support price for sugar cane farmers in the new crushing season and that the state's sugar mills start crushing sugar cane immediately. In a written statement, Khatri said that in the last season, Rs 240 per quintal was declared as the minimum support price by the then state government, which was insufficient.
Tax sops unlikely at Saifai Mahotsav
Lucknow:Sales tax exemption on purchase of vehicles ó a popular attraction of Saifai Mahotsav held at the ancestral village of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav every year ó is likely to be missing this time. The festival will be held from December 14 to 28. "'We have requested the CM to not dole out tax exemption on two and four wheelers. If there has to be exemption, it should be on agricultural implements," said Ved Vrat Gupta, manager of Saifai Mahotsav organising committee.
Red Ribbon Express to arrive in Lucknow
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy